The NYU School of Professional Studies announces scholarships in amounts of approximately $7,500 to $15,000 annually to be awarded to international students on F-1 visas with exceptional academic backgrounds, who meet the admissions requirements of the graduate program in Global Affairs, and who commit to pursuing the MSGA on a full-time basis for a two-year period leading to the completion of the degree. Scholarship awardees will receive the full amount of their award for each of their two years in the graduate program.
International Student Scholarship
- To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must submit the complete application for admission to the MS in Global Affairs program by the International Student Early Decision deadline of October 1, 2018 for Spring 2019 candidates and by January 15, 2019 for Fall 2019 candidates.
- To apply for the scholarship, candidates must submit the following materials by November 15th for the Spring 2019 semester and March 1, 2019* for the Fall 2019 semester:
- Completed online scholarship application form
- Copies of all transcripts provided with your application for admission to the MS in Global Affairs (MSGA) program. These transcripts must demonstrate that you have an exceptional record of academic achievement (3.75 GPA or equivalent and/or professional experience).
- One letter of recommendation (either professional or academic, separate from the two required recommendation letters for admission to the MSGA program) that explains why you would be an outstanding candidate for this scholarship.
- Three essay questions of approximately 500 words each answering the following:
- What career path do you intend to pursue after completing your degree, and how will the MSGA program help you achieve this?
- Which of the eight program concentrations are of particular interest to you and why?
- Please explain your financial need. Given that the scholarship is not a full tuition award, how do you plan to finance the remaining tuition and other expenses (housing, travels, books, etc.)?
Please Note: A successful candidate will be required to maintain a 3.5 average throughout the course of two years.
*Applications received after the above deadlines may be considered on a rolling basis pending availability of scholarship funds, but priority will be given to those who submit by the deadline.
$7,500 - $15,000