The NYU Advanced Publishing Institute (NYU API) is an exciting new executive education course designed for mid to senior-level publishing professionals interested in the latest strategies and business practices in book publishing. This 5-day program reimagines the highly popular Yale Publishing Course, which ran from 2010 to 2019. NYU API will launch on-campus at NYU.
Sessions will take place from approximately 9:00 am until 5:00 pm with breaks to network with fellow industry professionals. Lectures and workshops will be conducted by leading publishing executives. Through case studies, problem-solving exercises, and analysis of successful strategies, attendees will deepen their understanding of the industry and come away with innovative ideas and fresh perspectives on today’s workplace.
Areas of exploration include:
- Rethinking marketing and publicity, including new approaches to book clubs, podcasts, influencers, and more
- Preparing for the next industry disruption and mastering the art of the pivot
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies that yield meaningful and demonstrable results
- Publishing in a politically divisive era
- Best practices for ChatGPT and other forms of AI
- Sustainability in publishing: buzzword or reality? Who is achieving it and how?
- Effective leadership strategies for 2024: inspiring, managing, and delivering results in an evolving publishing workplace
Join us for a five-day intensive program dedicated to the future of publishing, led by an outstanding group of thought leaders who will be paving the way.
Early Bird Rate (before October 15, 2023): $4500
After October 15, 2023: $5000
Program fee includes daily breakfasts, lunches and refreshments.
New York City offers many housing options including hotels, residential hotels, short-term rentals, and similar accommodations. Attendees are encouraged to book their accommodations as far in advance as possible.