In Spring 2020, the Office of the Dean at SPS established a Standing IDBEA Committee composed of faculty and staff (with the addition of students in Fall 2020). The committee is formally charged with executing on recommendations put forward by the IDBEA Task Force. To date this work has included:
- the articulation of a final SPS IDBEA value statement with community feedback;
- updating the student orientation module to include diversity and inclusion resources (in partnership with the Office of Student Affairs and student leaders);
- offering SPS students IDBEA dialogue workshops (in partnership with the Office of Global Inclusion);
- collaborating with the Faculty Council on the inclusion of a diversity and inclusion statement on the SPS syllabus template;
- creating and launching a dedicated IDBEA website;
- and putting forward recommendations on the continued diversification of faculty hiring at SPS.