The NYU SPS Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport prepares individuals from around the world for careers in the sports industry. Programs address all facets of the field—from the impact of the sports economy and global sports management to eSports and digital sports media. The undergraduate sports management degree and graduate sports business degrees explore in-demand areas while promoting the transformative power of sport. Students gain an exceptional NYU education and build their network in NYC. The Sport Management continuing education programs provide established professionals with the opportunity to hone their skills in emerging sectors. An all-star advisory board ensures that programs remain at the cutting edge of the field.
Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport
PREPARING GLOBAL SPORT BUSINESS AND SPORT MANAGEMENT LEADERS FOR THE FUTURE
Tisch Institute faculty members are deeply engaged in research—from female sport fandom and African American sport consumers to the impact of Milliennials and Gen Z fan bases.
The Tisch Institute for Global Sport offers a wide variety of continuing education courses and certificate options for those who wish to broaden their expertise in emerging areas.
GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS TO SUIT YOUR CAREER GOALS
Master’s in Sports Business
- Ranked #16 globally in the 2020 SportsBusiness Postgraduate Rankings
- Curriculum that provides a comprehensive understanding of the many facets of sports business
- Focus areas that offer numerous career paths
- Electives that explore emerging sports business industry topics
- Study abroad opportunities in global sports cities
- Internships at sports teams, leagues, and media outlets
- Unsurpassed professional networking opportunities
- Ability to earn your degree full- or part-time
- Can be completed in as little as 12 months
Master’s in Global Sport
- Curriculum that provides a comprehensive understanding of the many facets of the global sport industry
- Integrated teaching approach that builds expertise in digital sports media and marketing, fan engagement, and sports analytics
- Networking opportunities that expose you to top global sports executives and provide inroads to global jobs
- Online courses that afford the flexibility to complete your degree while working full time
- One-week residencies that build your understanding of the global sports marketplace
- Complete in just 12 months
PRESTON ROBERT TISCH INSTITUTE FOR GLOBAL SPORT BY THE NUMBERS
AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE WITH AN NYC AND NYU ADVANTAGE
Bachelor’s in Sport Management
- Major core curriculum that builds business, research, leadership, and management skills
- Professional electives in sports tech and innovation, entrepreneurship, finance and investment, and more
- Specializations in analytics, entrepreneurship, event man- agement, sport law, sport marketing, sport media, and sport technology
- Internships at sports teams, leagues, and media outlets.
- Study abroad opportunities and industry visits
- Unsurpassed networking opportunities
- Financial aid and scholarships for those who qualify
A GLOBAL APPROACH
Sports can bring the world together, help us to find common ground, and put aside our differences. Technology, the universality of fandom, and media that allows us to participate in and consume sport wherever and whenever we want, have shaped the Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport's curriculum. As a student enrolled in our programs you’ll gain a global perspective, benefit from our relationship with teams, leagues, and media outlets around the world; and grow your knowledge of international sports business through study abroad opportunities.
LEARN FROM FACULTY EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELDS
Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport faculty members bring their wide-ranging experience to every class they teach. They have held positions across the industry in teams, leagues, and media outlets among other sports-related entities. They are teachers and mentors who ensure that you are provided with a stellar NYU SPS education—one that prepares you for tremendous opportunities in this growing and evolving global sport field.