Podcasting: Creating Interview and Conversation Shows
Podcasting is an exploding medium that’s full of niches. Discover your podcasting niche in this five-week course focusing on the style and structure of interview and conversation podcasts, and gain the skills you need to develop and launch your own show. Through hands-on training, learn how to interview guests, structure compelling conversations, and put together a podcast episode from start to finish. Work in groups on your own audio project, either a news interview (e.g., something you might hear on Morning Edition), an exploration of a topic or story through conversation (like you might hear on the FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast), or a profile interview (such as piece from Another Round or StoryCorps). By the end, you will have mastered the basic skills to launch your own interview or conversation podcast.
You'll Walk Away with
- One four- to six-minute audio project
- The skills to plan, record, and edit interview-based podcast episodes
- Ideas for starting your own podcast
- Aspiring and practicing journalists who want to focus on interviewing for audio
- Professionals across industries interested in exploring ideas through interviews and conversation