Agile IT Development
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the principles, processes, and practices of agile software development, emphasizing the quick realization of system value through disciplined, iterative, and incremental software development techniques and the elimination of wasteful practices. Learn techniques for initiating, planning, and executing software development projects using agile methodologies. Obtain practical knowledge of agile development frameworks, and gain the ability to distinguish between agile and traditional project management methodologies. Apply agile tools and techniques in the software development life cycle, from project ideation to deployment. Become familiar with establishing an agile team environment and applying its roles and responsibilities and communication and reporting methods. The framework for the course content is based upon the guidelines for agile project development outlined by the Project Management Institute. Assignments and projects have been designed to apply agile principles and practices in a professional, real-world context.
You'll Walk Away with
- A thorough understanding of the principles and practices used in agile software development
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles and practices associated with each of the agile development methods: Lean, Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Feature-Driven Development (FDD), Kanban, and Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- The ability to employ agile techniques when solving problems
- Those who work on agile teams
- Members of software development teams and organizations interested in adopting agile practices