Healthcare Marketing and Communications Essentials
Healthcare products and services utilize many of the same marketing tactics and communication channels used by non-healthcare offerings; however, the complex network of decision-makers and regulatory considerations involved requires a more disciplined and integrated approach to identifying the optimal marketing mix for healthcare brands. This course provides an in-depth review of the essential marketing and communications frameworks and their application to healthcare offerings. Learn how to use tools such as patient journey mapping to uncover actionable insights and unmet needs for different stakeholders and to determine optimal product positionings within current treatment paradigms. This course also teaches how to analyze the different types of influencers and market development initiatives needed to change entrenched healthcare attitudes and behaviors, the messaging frameworks used to cascade complex data to stakeholders with varying levels of health literacy, and the unique pricing practices and dynamics that add to the complexities and disaggregation of healthcare decisions.
You'll Walk Away with
- Frameworks and analytical tools to identify attitudinal and behavioral patient dynamics, unmet needs, insights, and implications for a range of disease states
- The ability to assess the type and level of market development needed in different situations to change attitudes and behaviors for various stakeholders
- The skills to create messaging architecture that addresses specific needs of multiple stakeholders and supports a brand’s overall strategic business objectives
- An understanding of how to develop thought leadership, an approach to coalition building, and policy communications for healthcare communicators
- Marketing and communications professionals who want to launch or advance their careers in the healthcare industry