How to Ask in the Most Challenging Times
A worldwide pandemic, food shortages, rising unemployment, wildfires, back-to-back hurricanes, elections, and a growing social justice movement have created challenges and opportunities for the philanthropic sector. Yet amid these external events, we must go on to promote our causes, raise money, seek new endeavors, expand our boards, serve our constituencies, and find personal strength and balance. Despite these challenges, we must continue to ASK on behalf of those we serve and on behalf of ourselves. In this course, you will learn how to:
- Determine the right mode of communication to reach each person, company, and foundation;
- Write the most persuasive emails, appeals, and proposals that include your ASK;
- Select the right words to make your organization stand out among the competition;
- Prepare and make the ASK in the shortest amount of time to get the quickest results; and
- Get your board, volunteers, coworkers, and staff to help you make the ASK.
Note: Effective January 2021, full participation in How to Ask in the Most Challenging Times is applicable for 7.5 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- The practical skills and experience you need to make the right ask for the right amount at the right time
- Confidence and a sense of empowerment to ask for anything that is important to you
- Knowing what the person will say to your ask before you make your ask
- The brand-new tools that will ensure your sustained success with each ask
- Philanthropy professionals, board members, volunteers, and anyone who wishes to acquire or enhance fundraising skills
- Business entrepreneurs, owners, agents, and consultants who want to learn new ways to ask and get more sales, customers, and clients