Corporate and Foundation Philanthropy
Examine the motivation of corporate and foundation giving by reviewing institutional philanthropy’s past and current trends and priorities, competing forces, characteristics, and strategic issues. Consider the roles of the CEO, development staff, grant writers, shareholders, investors, employees, and community.
- Introduction to Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy and shifting investment trends in Philanthropy
- History of Philanthropy and Corporate & Foundation Giving
- Motivations and mechanisms for Corporate & Foundation investments
- Evaluating Corporate & Foundation Partnership Opportunities
- Understanding the dynamics of creating Corporate & Foundation/non-profit partnership
- Exploring the role of Measurement & Evaluation, Thought Partnership, & Communications
- Employee Engagement in Corporate Philanthropy
- International Corporate and Foundation Grant making
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in Corporate and Foundation Philanthropy is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of institutional philanthropy’s past and current trends and priorities, competing forces, characteristics, and strategic issues
- Knowledge of corporate or foundation funders’ guidelines and missions
- Fundraising staff
- Corporate and foundation directors
- Grant writers