Learn the basic elements of screenwriting for movies or TV, via lectures, script readings, discussions, and in-class writing exercises. All the fundamentals of visual storytelling are covered in depth, including character, plot, theme, dialogue, genre, and format. Assignments familiarize you with dramatic conflict, scene structure, subtext, and subplots, while you advance from idea to outline to scripted pages. By the end of the course, you will have an outline and about 30 pages of script.
You'll Walk Away with
- An overview of the basics of screenwriting
- Familiarity with the proper formatting and conventions of screenwriting
- An outline for an original film or TV show and 30 pages of script
- Students new to screenwriting
- Students with a love for film and an interest in the business