3D Projection Mapping and Digital Sculpture
This course focuses on the contemporary multimedia practice of 3D projection mapping, exploring how it can be utilized in a diverse range of installations big and small, from major buildings and architectural spaces to small sculptures and portable art pieces. Using a combination of media, such as photography, video, animation, sound, sculpture, and installation, you will learn the basic principles behind projection mapping, and then apply them to a final project that will involve a 3D projection map of an art object of your choice, or one that you will create using a 3D printer. Next, you will design a video and sound component that will be 3D projection mapped onto your object, bringing it to life and challenging the viewer’s perception through clever use of light and sound. During the course, you also will learn how to scale up your work to a large gallery or architectural application.
You'll Walk Away with
- Familiarity with the different applications of 3D projection mapping
- An understanding of the process of 3D mapping from start to end
- Hands-on experience in 3D mapping
- Prospective and practicing filmmakers
- Advertisers and marketing specialists