ESL Listening and Speaking: Advanced A
In this course, advanced-level English language students concentrate on developing the speaking and listening skills necessary to participate in situations requiring formal or professional English language skills. The course focuses on language fluency, pronunciation accuracy, and listening practice, as students take part in both formal and informal discussions. Additionally, students may give individual and group presentations of various lengths and participate in debates. By the end of the course, students are able to speak comfortably, express their opinions in an American classroom, and use strategies for reacting to a text aloud in English.
You'll Walk Away with
- Presentation, discussion, and listening skills needed to participate more effectively in English language academic and professional settings
- The ability verbally in English to summarize, compare, contrast, and discuss ideas from texts, lectures, presentations, discussions, films, visual materials, and other media
- A more accurate understanding of audio narratives, descriptions, dialogues, and lectures in English
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Advanced-level students of English who are looking to further their professional, academic, and personal goals