Real Estate and Construction Certificate in Residential Property Management
To earn a certificate, students must declare their candidacy at the start of their program of study. To do so, please use the button above.
Offered by the Schack Institute of Real Estate, the online Certificate in Residential Property Management introduces you to real estate investment concepts and property management principles for residential buildings. The residential housing market is booming, with a greater need for professionals who can manage property safely and efficiently. Learn how to market properties, negotiate and execute leases, manage staff, and handle human resource issues. Gain a comprehensive understanding of day-to-day operations of the property, including maintenance and other service contracts, while learning how to address risk management, safety, health issues, and insurance concerns as related to COVID-19. Develop the sought-after skills to evaluate and improve the financial performance of residential real estate property assets. This highly interactive program of study includes guest lectures by industry professionals and hands-on projects that provide real-world examples. It affords an invaluable overview of the roles and responsibilities of the property manager, including how best to position a property to maximize its investment return and profit, optimize tenant relations and retention, and maintain property/building systems and extend their economic life.
This certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required foundation courses and one elective within two years of taking the first certificate-eligible course.
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of residential property management
- The ability to develop a property management services strategy for potential clients/owners
- An overview of risk management considerations and strategies
- COVID-19 guidelines for safe building operations
- Insight of budget and accounting for residential properties
- An understanding of landlord/tenant rules and regulations
- The ability to evaluate, and revise as needed, residential lease agreements