Real Estate and Construction Certificate in Commercial Property Management
Offered by the Schack Institute of Real Estate, the online Certificate in Commercial Property Management introduces you to the world of real estate from the operations perspective, providing you with the skills to manage commercial office buildings on a day-to-day basis on behalf of property owners. Learn about newly established COVID-19 guidelines that focus on tenant safety. Gain a deep understanding of tenant relations, client service, building systems and operations, and employee management. Explore the unique roles and responsibilities of a property manager, including how best to position properties to maximize investment return and profit. Acquire the basic skills of learning to read and administer leases and maintaining property/building systems to maximize their economic life.
This certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the four required courses and one elective within two years of taking the first certificate-eligible course.
You'll Walk Away With
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial property management
- Owner, client, tenant, employee, and vendor relationship management
- The ability to evaluate, negotiate and administer commercial lease agreements
- COVID-19 guidelines for safe building operations
- Building systems, operations, and maintenance management
- Tenant improvements and capital construction project management
- An understanding of landlord/tenant rules and regulations
Earn a 10% DISCOUNT* on courses by declaring your candidacy for the Certificate in Commercial Property Management.