Marketing and Public Relations Certificate in Healthcare Marketing and Communications
Professionals who wish to launch, switch, or advance their careers in healthcare marketing and communications require a unique and differentiated set of skills. This highly regulated sector has seen rapid growth and disruption driven by the entry of nontraditional players and a revolution in patient communications and engagement. This certificate provides students with the skills, abilities, and insights necessary for an understanding of the evolving field, and the courses within it are eligible for continuing education credit view more below. Students will gain the critical thinking and practical tools required to build integrated marketing and communications plans that effectively and ethically support the growth objectives of a healthcare business.
The courses within this certificate are eligible for continuing education credit approval with the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM). Please contact us for further details at email@example.com.
The Certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the two required courses and two electives. The recommended sequence of courses:
- The Evolving US Healthcare Ecosystem/HCMC1-CE0001
- Healthcare Marketing and Communications Essentials/HCMC1-CE0002
- Choice of elective
- Choice of elective
Must be completed within
You'll Walk Away With
- The ability to evaluate the interrelated roles of participants in the US healthcare ecosystem and the complex interchange within this expanding network of players
- The knowledge of how medicines, medical devices, services, and emerging healthcare technologies are developed, tested, approved, launched, delivered, regulated, and promoted in an evolving operating environment
- The skills to assess the challenges and identify opportunities to expand the marketing and communications impact (including digital, experiential, social media-based, and data-driven approaches) in the context of a rapidly evolving and highly regulated healthcare sector
- The tools to design integrated marketing and communications solutions, campaigns, and plans that ethically and effectively drive organizational growth and ultimately, support better patient health outcomes
- The ability to align marketing and communications plans with broader business growth objectives