Ethics and Governance
This course provides an overview of how companies and stakeholders view, implement, and make decisions when faced with important information outside the company’s day-to-day business operations that could have significant ramifications for everyone. Throughout the course, students gain a thorough understanding of the complexity of corporate governance and the challenges faced by corporations’ boards and stakeholders. The course also includes a broad discussion of corporate boardroom considerations and ethics in the workplace based on the passing of Regulation Full Disclosure (Reg FD), Sarbanes-Oxley, and Dodd-Frank. Also, students review the role of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with specific focus on the agency’s involvement in setting the governance agenda.
You'll Walk Away with
- The knowledge to make prudent assessments about corporate governance
- An understanding of the responsibilities of the board of directors of a public company, in addition to the perspective of multiple constituencies
- Familiarity with important issues in corporate governance and its relevance in social, political, and economic contexts
- Finance professionals seeking to develop their managerial and executive skills
- Career changers and others interested in entering the finance industry