Finance Certificate in Financial Planning
The Certificate in Financial Planning is designed to fulfill the educational requirements necessary to sit for the Certified Financial Planner Certification Examination. The program covers all 72 financial planning topics required by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Center for Financial Planning, Inc., and additional relevant topics. The financial planning certificate is available in three program formats to accommodate students’ specific needs and schedules: the in-person Certificate in Financial Planning, the Web-Delivered Certificate in Financial Planning (Live Online, Instructor-Led), and the Web-Delivered Certificate in Financial Planning (Self-Paced).
This financial planning certificate provides traditional classroom learning and flexibility presented in seven modules covering the fundamentals of financial planning, including the financial planning process and insurance, investment planning, income tax planning, retirement planning and employee benefits, and estate planning. Candidates have up to three years to complete the Certificate in Financial Planning. A calculator proficiency exam is required. Tuition fees do not include the cost of required study guides and online exam fees in the financial planning certificate courses FP 2 through FP 6, which must be purchased by each individual student in order to qualify for access to the online final exam.
Who Should Enroll
- Professionals and college graduates who want a career in financial planning.
- Those who work with financial planners, such as, accountants, attorneys, real estate agents, stockbrokers, or insurance agents.
- Individuals interested in learning about long-term life-cycle financing.
The Certificate in Financial Planning is designed for students who want to complete the educational requirements for the CFP® examination. In order to sit for the CFP Exam, students must have a bachelor’s degree in any subject. For more information, please email the CFP Board directly.
Course materials and online exams for FP 2 through FP 6 are required to be purchased from Dalton Education. The textbooks can be purchased from Dalton Education, or they can be purchased elsewhere. There is no textbook for FP 1.
Note: CFP Board owns the marks CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and CFP (with flame logo)®, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.
You'll Walk Away With
- Completion of the CFP Board educational requirements in the major personal financial planning areas necessary to sit for the Certified Financial Planner Certification Examination.
- Knowledge and understanding of all 72 principal knowledge topics mandated by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. to attain CFP certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of professional practice standards and the ability to apply the CFP Board Financial Planning Practice Standards to the financial planning process.
- The ability to communicate complex financial planning techniques and to provide recommendations in a clear, fair, and relevant manner.
- The ability to apply and integrate the financial planning information to formulate a financial plan, and the skills to successfully communicate the financial plan results both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in the use of a financial calculator.
Earn a 10% DISCOUNT* on courses by declaring your candidacy for the Certificate in Financial Planning.