Women Executives from Across the Spectrum of Real Estate Leasing, Finance, and Construction, Along with Key Players in Government and City Planning, Will Discuss the Outlook for the Industry at the October 6 Event, Which Will Be Held at the NY Hilton
September 22, 2021
NYU School of Professional Studies Schack Institute of Real Estate to Host 4th Annual National Symposium of Women in Real Estate; Keia Clarke, CEO, New York Liberty, Will Be the Featured Speaker
NEW YORK, September 22, 2021—Building on the extraordinary success of its first three years, the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) Schack Institute of Real Estate will host the 4th Annual National Symposium of Women in Real Estate (WiRE) on Wednesday, October 6, from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., at the New York Hilton Midtown. Keia Clarke ‘06, CEO, New York Liberty, will be the featured speaker.
The Symposium, which convenes women serving in senior leadership roles across the spectrum of real estate leasing, finance, and construction, along with key players in government and city planning, provides a forum for an in-depth discussion on the outlook for the real estate market and the forces shaping property investment, financing, and development. This national-level event also serves as a critical mentorship platform for women executives and the next generation of real estate industry leaders.
Industry professionals and students from across the United States and abroad are expected to participate in the Symposium. The capital raised supports the Women in Real Estate Scholarship Fund and academic programs for graduate and undergraduate students at the NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate.
Three influential women in real estate are again serving as this year’s Symposium chairs: Laurie Golub, chief operating officer & senior managing director, Square Mile Capital; Joanne M. Minieri, senior executive vice president & chief operating officer, RXR Development Services and RXR Construction Services, RXR Realty; and Darcy Stacom, chairman and head of NYC Capital Markets, CBRE.
Sessions will focus on the key areas of leasing, finance, government, deal structuring, and construction. Two fireside chats, moderated by Darcy Stacom, will feature Laurie Golub and Joanne Minieri. The luncheon will be sponsored by Trimont.
“The NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate is dedicated to empowering women in real estate by helping them to develop the skills, knowledge, and connections they need to advance their careers,” said Sam Chandan PhD, FRICS, Larry & Klara Silverstein Chair in Real Estate Development & Investment & associate dean for the NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate, who will serve as Symposium host. “This event, and the forum it provides for stimulating and important discussion, serves women in real estate and the commercial real estate industry at large by affording access to highly curated content that is directly related to the many changes occurring in the marketplace and in the profession. It also provides a critical and invaluable opportunity to network after a long hiatus due to COVID-19.”
Please Note: Due to COVID-19 and space restrictions at the venue, it remains unclear as to whether or not we will be able to accommodate requests for members of the press to attend. At this time, we will not be registering press for this in-person event, however, we will keep you informed should this decision change. Should you have any questions, please contact Alka Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael DeMeo at email@example.com.
Welcome and Introduction
- Sam Chandan, PhD, FRICS, Larry & Klara Silverstein Chair in Real Estate Development & Investment & Associate Dean, NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate
- Laurie Golub, Chief Operating Officer & Senior Managing Director, Square Mile Capital
- Nina Roket, Real Estate Partner, Olshan Frome Wolosky [Moderator]
- Kathe Kramer Chase, Partner and Director of Leasing, Industry City
- Megan Sheehan, Managing Director, Leasing, Tishman Speyer
- Ramneek K. Rikhy, Senior Vice President, CBRE Consulting Group
- Darcy Stacom, Chairman and Head New York City Capital Markets, CBRE [Moderator]
- Joanne Minieri, Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer of RXR Development Services and RXR Construction Services, RXR Realty
- Christine O’Connell, Partner, King & Spalding [Moderator]
- Abbe Franchot Borok, Managing Director, Head of US Debt, BentallGreenOak
- Jillian Mariutti-Nieder, Senior Director, JLL
- Lisa Paterson Simonetti, Managing Director, US Credit, Oak Hill Advisors
- Melanie Meyers, Real Estate Partner, Fried Frank [Moderator]
- Pamela M. Frederick, Chief Financial Officer, Battery Park City Authority
- Edith Hsu-Chen, Manhattan Director, NYC Department of City Planning
- Rachel Loeb, President & Chief Executive Officer, New York City Economic Development Corporation
- Farah S. Ahmed, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig [Moderator]
- Sarah Hawkins, Chief Executive Officer, US East Region, Hines
- Sara B. Queen, Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Equity, MetLife Investment Management
- Hilary Spann, Executive Vice President, Boston Properties
- Darcy Stacom, Chairman and Head New York City Capital Markets, CBRE
- Laurie Golub, Chief Operating Officer & Senior Managing Director, Square Mile Capital
- Sabrina Kanner, Executive Vice President, Development, Design and Construction, Brookfield Properties [Moderator]
- Linda Chiarelli, Senior Vice President for Capital Projects & Facilities, New York University
- Mariana Circuimaru, Head of US Construction - Value Add Portfolio and Principal for Development & Construction, BentallGreenOak Real Estate
- Linda Foggie, Executive Vice President, East USA Leader, Americas Head of Corporate Occupier, Turner & Townsend
- Keia Clarke ’06 (Tisch Institute for Global Sport), Chief Executive Officer, New York Liberty
About the NYU School of Professional Studies Schack Institute of Real Estate
The NYU School of Professional Studies (NYUSPS) Schack Institute of Real Estate was founded in 1967 at the initiative of prominent members of the New York City real estate community, who encouraged NYU to establish an academic center that would provide a world-class education for industry professionals. More than 50 years later, the Schack Institute is at the forefront of real estate education and is recognized globally as one of the world’s leading centers of real estate research and pedagogy. Across the Institute’s graduate degree programs—notably the MS in Real Estate, the MS in Construction Management, and the MS in Real Estate Development—as well as a rapidly expanding undergraduate degree program, enrollment has grown to more than 1,000 full- and part-time students from across the United States and nearly 50 other countries. In addition to its flagship degree programs, thousands of working professionals enroll in the Schack Institute’s executive education, diploma, and career advancement programs each year.
An anchor of real estate academia’s engagement with industry, the Institute is home to the REIT Center, the Center for the Sustainable Built Environment, and the newly established Urban Lab. In addition, the Institute hosts national industry events, including annual conferences on real estate capital markets and the REIT sector. Under the direction of the Schack Institute’s faculty, ongoing applied research at the Institute spans an exceptional range of issues in real estate development and investment, urban economics, and market structure and regulation.
About the NYU School of Professional Studies
Celebrating 87 Years of Excellence in Applied Professional Education
For 87 years, the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) has been a deeply respected institution of higher education that is grounded in applied learning. From its early years, training returning World War II veterans to fulfill the nation’s urgent need for skilled technical workers, it has evolved into a professional education powerhouse that offers 20 graduate degrees, 14 bachelor’s degrees for traditional and post-traditional students, four associate’s degrees, and a plethora of continuing education courses and credentials.
NYU SPS is a thought leader, and serves as an incubator for new ideas in industries that are constantly changing, including real estate, real estate development, and construction management; hospitality, tourism, travel, and event management; global affairs and global security, conflict, and cybercrime; global sport and sports business; publishing; marketing; public relations; project management; executive coaching and organizational consulting, human resource management and development, and human capital analytics and technology; management and systems; translation; and professional writing. It is focused on building skills that open doors to opportunities in emerging fields and global markets. NYU SPS faculty members are leading experts in their areas of discipline, with a hands-on approach that encourages students to push beyond their limits and to break new ground.
Home to some of the largest and most prestigious industry conferences in the world, including the Schack Institute of Real Estate’s Capital Markets Conference, REIT Symposium, and National Symposium of Women in Real Estate; and the Jonathan M. Tisch Center’s International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference, the School’s invaluable connections to industry leaders is a truly distinguishing factor in the education that it provides. Through career development services and resources provided by the NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development at NYU SPS, guest lecturers, site visits, participation in numerous conferences and events, and Global Field Intensives, students benefit from an NYU education that will set them apart. In addition, they have the opportunity to learn from and network with more than 39,000 NYU SPS alumni who live, work, and contribute to innovation in industry around the world. To learn more about NYU SPS visit: sps.nyu.edu.