In Fall 2019, Susan Greenbaum, EdD, who had served as the interim dean of the NYU School of Professional Studies since June 2018, graciously agreed to take on the role of NYU SPS dean through the summer of 2021. This past May, the University and NYU SPS began the first phase of the process to identify the next dean of NYU SPS—the creation of a committee that will search widely and then recommend a small slate of candidates for consideration.
July 22, 2020
Formation of the Search Committee for the Dean of the NYU School of Professional Studies
During the fall of 2020, the committee will engage with NYU SPS faculty members, students, staff members, alumni, and other members of the NYU community who regularly work with NYU SPS to collect their thoughts on the future of the School, to determine the attributes and experience the next dean should possess, to develop a widely circulated position profile, and to solicit names of potential leaders.
The committee will work with Storbeck Search & Associates, an external search firm with deep experience in academic searches. The committee’s goal is to conduct a thorough, fair, and inclusive search that will culminate with the announcement of a new dean for NYU SPS in the spring of 2021.
The search committee is being co-chaired by Billie Gastic Rosado, associate dean of liberal arts, languages, and post-traditional undergraduate studies at NYU SPS, and Clay Shirky, NYU vice provost for educational technologies and provostial liaison to NYU SPS. Committee members include:
- Vanja Bogicevic, Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU SPS Jonathan M. Tisch Center of Hospitality
- H. Austin Booth, Dean, Division of Libraries
- Brandon Brown, Clinical Associate Professor, NYU SPS Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport
- Sam Chandan, Associate Dean and Larry & Klara Silverstein Chair in Real Estate Development & Investment, NYU SPS Schack Institute of Real Estate
- Kris Day, Vice Provost
- Monica Estrada, Senior Director of Events, NYU SPS
- Teresa Gargiulo, Assistant Dean, Advising and Student Services, NYU SPS
- Elizabeth A. Haas, Adjunct Instructor, NYU SPS Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport
- David Hollander, Assistant Dean, Real World, and Clinical Associate Professor, NYU SPS Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport
- Carolyn Kissane, Academic Director, Graduate Program, and Clinical Professor, NYU SPS Center for Global Affairs
- Edward L. Kleinert, Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU SPS Division of Programs in Business
- Maya Kwok, Bachelor of Science Candidate for Hotel and Tourism Management, NYU SPS Class of 2022
- Jenny McPhee, Academic Director, Noncredit Programs, and Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU SPS Center for Applied Liberal Arts
- Erin O’Brien, Executive Director, Institute for Executive Education, NYU School of Law
- Lavinel Savu, Adjunct Instructor, NYU SPS Center for Publishing
- Ellen Schall, Senior Presidential Fellow
- Yuna Seong, Clinical Assistant Professor, NYU SPS English Language Institute
The committee welcomes nominations, which can be forwarded to email@example.com.