Early Bird (until 8/19/22): $4,495*
Standard (after 8/19/22): $4,995*
Leadership in a Cyber Dependent World
- Saturday, October 1, 10:00am - 4:00pm (In-person with working lunch)
- Tuesday, October 4, 6:30pm - 8:00pm (Live Virtual)
- Tuesday, October 4, 6:30pm - 8:00pm (Live Virtual)
- Saturday, October 15, 10:00am - 4:00pm (In-person with working lunch)
- Tuesday, October 18, 6:30pm - 8:00pm (Live Virtual)
- Saturday, October 22, 10:00am - 4:00pm (In-person with working lunch)
- Saturday, October 29, 10:00am - 4:00pm (In-person with working lunch)
*20% alumni discount available for those who have received a degree from NYU. Use the code ALUM-20 when registering to receive this discount. Please note that your alumni status will be verified.
*20% discount available for U.S. military veterans and U.S. government employees. Use the code USA-20 when registering with your government email address to receive this discount.
*10% discount available for organizations registering multiple employees. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering your employees to receive this discount.
Effective leadership is an overlooked yet essential component of building and maintaining a cybersecurity posture. Today's business operations depend on cyber more than ever and solid leadership has always been essential to profitable business operations. Therefore it is more imperative than ever for leaders to understand their organization's technological dependencies and be able to lead across technical and non-technical communities. Effective 21st century leaders are required to understand how data breaches, hacking, ransomware, and evolving digital privacy laws impact day-to-day operations and revenue to enable the development and implementation of cross-cutting strategies.
Cyber security strategies need to be collaboratively developed and communicated across functional areas within organizations. Successful leaders in today’s connected world are able to coordinate, communicate and lead across technical and non-technical teams to raise awareness, train, and educate all employees about cyber vulnerabilities, threats, and risk mitigation to ensure that business operations continue despite the onslaught of malicious activity from cyber actors.
In a highly competitive market for cybersecurity and technical talent, it is critical for organizations to ensure that they are recruiting and retaining the best candidates who are then guided by proactive and effective leadership that can align their teams to organizational priorities. Ineffective leadership can create dysfunction within a team and result in the next headline-making breach or business disruption permanently damaging an organization's reputation and negatively impacting revenue.
This program is designed to help organizations cultivate leaders that can effectively lead technical and non-technical teams, and foster cross-vertical relationships among technical and non-technical leaders. Participants will hone and develop their leadership “soft skills,” and re-examine the fundamentals of leadership practices and reorient them to application in the digital sphere. Participants will explore the digital dependencies of their organizations and become empowered to navigate emerging risks associated with their technologically empowered working environments, associates, and consumers.
Those who successfully complete this program will earn the Certificate in Cyber Leadership.
- Cyber Complexity and Organizational Dependencies (IT/OT/IOT/PIT)
- Security vs. Compliance
- Basic Leadership Principles
- Standards, Regulations and Risk Management Frameworks (CIS, RMF, CMM)
- Leading Change
- Business Continuity/Mission Assurance
- Crisis Leadership, Plan/Brief/Execute/Debrief/Wrap-up
This 4-week program features live interactive faculty-led sessions coupled with asynchronous modules in order to provide attendees with robust content delivered in a flexible format. Content has been developed with a practitioner mindset for practical application in a real-world context.
Upon completion of the program, participants will have a better understanding of:
- Leading a Millennial or Gen Z cyber workforce
- The difference between cyber security and compliance
- Leading change towards a cyber-security empowering mindset
- How to conduct a business operations oriented cyber risk assessment
- Leadership fundamentals as they apply to small teams and large organizations
- An understanding of cyber norms and best practices
- Strategies for cyber risk management
- Business continuity and crisis management
Who will benefit most from this program?
Those who will benefit most from this program will have some professional experience managing small teams, and will be interested in gaining the cyber knowledge and leadership skills to advance in their careers. These individuals include:
- Technical directors, managers, team leads, and other cyber professionals early in their leadership career or those who desire to progress from small-team leadership to an executive role
- Non-technical managers who interface with technical teams across an organization who are early in their leadership career or those who desire to progress from small-team leadership to an executive role
- Team leaders in sectors as diverse as financial services, government, e-commerce, education, public policy, utilities, energy, etc.
Clint Mixon is a Strategic Executive Leader and Advisor on Cyber Strategy, Policy, Risk, Operations, Planning, and Leadership and teaches at NYU, the US Air Force E-School, and the Naval Postgraduate School. He has over 20 years of leadership experience ranging from small teams to cross functional teams of 450+ while managing over $4B in assets and annual budgets over $400M. He has five years of experience working with US Cyber Command and Cyber National Mission Force teams. He also has 21 years of instructional experience spanning technical, undergraduate, and graduate programs. Trusted advisor to US DoD & International MoD leaders on cybersecurity and modification of adversary cyber activities. He is a 26-year U.S. Air Force combat veteran with seven combat deployments and over 2800 hours in the F-15E Strike Eagle, and served as a commander of combat forces in three different multinational coalition operations.