The Human Capital Management (HCM) department provides professional development certificates and courses in the areas of human capital management, people analytics, learning design, coaching, human capital analytics, leadership, and business management. These non-credit, professional development courses provide students the opportunity to build upon their current professional insights, while differentiating themselves by acquiring knowledge in areas of specialization. Certificates and professional development courses are open enrollment and do not require an application process.
Certificates provide credentials for those who wish to gain a broad-based understanding of specialized field as a career path or for career change. As a student enrolled in an HCM certificate, you benefit by gaining a comprehensive understanding of an industry through the program’s required courses. Upon completion of your studies, you will have earned a credential that provides a thorough overview of the field you intend to pursue, as well as a deeper understanding of the career paths available. We currently offer two certificates:
- Coaching: NYU SPS offers two certificates in coaching: the Certificate in Executive Coaching and the Certificate in Professional Coaching. Both focus on developing coaches using a three-pronged approach: the theory and science, evidence-based models and tools, and International Coaching Federation (ICF) core competencies. Through applied practical sessions, students apply these skills and techniques in a variety of client scenarios. Each course is 12 weeks long and provides 36 synchronous hours and 14 asynchronous hours, which will entitle students to earn 50 coach-specific training hours with ICF per course.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: The Certificate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion delivers the skills leaders need to build sustainable diverse teams, leverage analytics to inform an organization’s practices and performance indicators, and drive innovation and business success. Each course focuses on a key enabler to support diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) across an organization. The format allows for courses to be taken either independently or as part of the overall DEI certificate. This certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the two required courses and one elective within three years of taking the first certificate-eligible course.
- Human Capital Management: The Certificate in Human Capital Management is intended to equip you with the necessary knowledge, behaviors, and skills to be a strategic human resources partner. This rigorous certificate program is aligned with the Society of Human Resource Management® (SHRM®) Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK™) and is designed primarily for individuals seeking core knowledge in human capital management. The Certificate consists of two required foundational courses and two elective courses.
- Learning Design: The Certificate in Learning Design is targeted toward professionals who are responsible for creating training and development experiences in organizations. The program includes the application of adult learning theory and practical approaches to designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating experiences. The Certificate consists of two required foundational courses and two elective courses.
- People Analytics: The Certificate in People Analytics will provide participants with knowledge in workforce analytics, data science, I/O psychology, and workplace automation. This certificate is conducted by a team of world-class academic faculty pioneers and corporate practitioners in the field of people analytics.