Do you struggle with writing, researching, and presenting your ideas? Have you ever wanted to write and design material that captivates an audience or offer a persuasive perspective to colleagues?
In this new accelerated certificate program that weaves together tried-and-true techniques and artificial intelligence technologies, Dr. Stephen J. McConnell will help you become a better writer and researcher so you can more quickly attain your communication goals.
Held on the campus of New York University in New York City, this intensive two-week certificate course, Communications & AI, will introduce you to AI platforms that can assist these goals, as well as teach you fundamental writing, research, presentation, and digital marketing techniques.
Overall, you will learn critical strategies that will aid your writing and communication projects and utilize select AI technologies, such as ChatGPT, Bard, and other platforms, to enhance and accelerate this work.
Moving beyond prompt engineering, Stephen will also offer frameworks to help you engage in more intentional dialogues with AI, where AI can be utilized not only to critique and improve your work but also to learn from AI to take your writing and communication craft to the next level.
Each class will include in-person instruction and mentoring from Stephen, hands-on work with AI software, and in and out-of-class practice opportunities.
Topics to include:
- Introduction to the AI communication revolution
- Accelerating Writing with AI
- Researching with AI
- Slide/Presentation Development with AI
- Document Design and Multimedia with AI
- Marketing and Digital Audiences with AI
Possible site visits: Subject to availability, this program may include site visits to one or more New York City-based software companies specializing in AI technology.
By the end of the course, you will walk away with:
- Expertise in AI programs and the confidence to effectively utilize the technology to advance critical writing, research, and communication goals.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of writing and communication practices.
- Frameworks for responsible AI use and learning, including yielding better and ethical outcomes.
- A portfolio of work, including text, images, presentation, and multimedia documents.
- Upon successful completion of this program with a grade of B or higher:
- A Certificate in Communications & AI
- A verifiable NYU SPS Knowledge Token (NFT)