Thinking about grad school? Considering an impactful career in the global arena? Spend two weeks this summer in the heart of New York City studying with expert faculty from the NYU SPS Center for Global Affairs.
Today’s global issues - from terrorism and climate change to human rights, cyber security, and the global economy - have both subtle and significant impacts on our lives. Through sessions led by NYU faculty scholars and practitioners, participants will immerse themselves in examining and exploring today’s critical global issues.
In addition to deep dives on critical topics, the program features dynamic guest lectures and site visits to expose participants to the variety of career paths for an impactful global career, expand their professional network, and better understand the desired skill sets and content areas that organizations are seeking.
Topics to include:
- International Relations: Theories and Geopolitics
- International Political Economy: The Building Blocks
- Geopolitics of Energy and Climate Change
- Transnational Security: Threats, Actors, and Practice
- International Development: Poverty, Inequity, and Economic Growth
- International Organizations: the UN, IMF, World Bank
- Cyberspace: Technical, Operational, and Strategic Perspectives
- Global Risk: Uncertainty and Operationalization