It’s never too early to start thinking about a career in law! Whether you want to become an attorney, a judge, a legislator, an academician, or an activist, now is a great time to explore the many opportunities in this growing field. This course provides you with an overview of what it takes to become an attorney and knowledge of careers in the legal professions, basic substantive law, and litigation trials. You can expect a combination of in-class lectures, speaker panels, and discussions about courthouses, public interest organizations, and government agencies to gain an insider’s view of all that the study and practice of law have to offer. Additionally, you will study a range of topics in law and real-life cases to build your understanding of the US legal system. If you dream of becoming an attorney or you plan to pursue pre-law in college, this course will provide a great pre-college perspective on the next steps needed to reach your career goals.
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students interested in a career in law
You'll Walk Away With
- An overview of careers in the law, basic substantive law, and litigation trials
- Experience with actual legal topics and cases that serve as an introduction to the study of law
- An NYU transcript showing grade(s) earned upon completion of the course (Please note: No college credit or certificate of completion is granted for this course.)
- Session 1 Jun 27 - Jul 01, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Session 3 Jul 18 - 22, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Career Edge Schedule
Application is now closed! We look forward to posting Summer 2023 information in early January 2023.
Application Requirements and Fees
For International Students
Resources and visa information for international students interested in studying abroad in NYC
Resources for students who have been admitted to the program