Process for Prospective Students to Obtain a Visa for Study
STEP 1: Submit your NYU School of Professional Studies High School Academy application for admission by April 15, 2023.
STEP 2: Provide Proof of English Proficiency as a part of program registration—acceptable formats include:
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based test, or 100 on the Internet-based test; OR
- IELTS: a minimum overall score of 7; OR
- Pearson's Test of English (PTE Academic); OR
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) or Proficiency (CPE); OR
- University Transcript: If you are currently attending or have attended an academic institution in which English is the language of instruction, you may submit an official transcript in lieu of testing. (Transcripts submitted in lieu of testing must be identified as such via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please have TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, CAE, or CPE scores sent directly to NYU from the testing agency. NYU's institution code is 2562.
STEP 3: After you've completed Steps 1 and 2, you will receive access to the I-20/DS-2019 application form.
STEP 4: Submit the I-20/DS-2019 application to OGS at email@example.com by May 15, 2023.