Before You Arrive
To ensure that you are prepared for your NYUSPS High School Academy experience, we have compiled the following checklist of items you must complete, prior to your time in the program. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at: 212-998-7006 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Activate your NYU NetID (instructions in your program admission email)
- Read all emails and blog posts
- Apply for your I-20 form (international students only, due May 15)
- Apply for University housing (residential students only, due June 1)
- Pay your student account balance by May 11 (after May 11, payment is due 7 days after enrollment)
- Read the NYUSPS High School Academy Handbook
- Required forms: Forms will be available May 1, 2018
- Sign-up for a meal plan
(automatic for residential students; optional for commuters)
- Register with the Moses Center, if applicable
(for students with disabilities)
- Submit your ID photo for your NYUCard
- Sign-up for evening events and activities (RSVP email sent to students about 2 weeks before program)
Extracurricular events are offered by the residential hall staff on evenings and weekends. These events are available to both residential and commuter students, and all students in various summer programs in the residence hall. As such, students will have the opportunity to meet students outside of the NYUSPS High School Academy by participating in extracurricular activities. These events are optional and students must RSVP to participate.
How to Sign Up
- Students are emailed each Wednesday (beginning before the program begins!) with event and RSVP information two weeks in advance of the events.
- Students must RSVP by the following Monday at 12:00 p.m.
- Students will receive event confirmation emails by the next Thursday.
- Example: Students receive an email on Wednesday, June 28 for events taking place the week of July 9-15. The RSVP deadline is Monday, July 3 at noon, and students receive event confirmation emails by Thursday, July 6.
- Double-check your student account balance*
*Note: Housing and meal plan charges are posted to your NYU student account when you are assigned housing (approximately 3 weeks before the start of your program). We recommend all students check their account balances before arriving on campus to make sure all expenses are paid.