There is no better place to study finance than New York City, the financial capital of the world! If you are contemplating a career in this fast-paced and continually evolving field, then join this pre-college experience to gain an insider’s view of the industry. Acquire an introduction to the foundations of financial analysis and investment management practiced on Wall Street. Explore the nature of the financial system, the types of assets that are traded, techniques for measuring and managing the risk and return of portfolios, the key role of the Federal Reserve System, the use and abuse of financial derivatives, and current economic conditions. Receive an overview of all aspects of the finance industry, from time value of money (comparing the value of cash flows at different points in time) and capital budgeting techniques to the fundamentals of risk and return. Taught by an industry expert, this dynamic course provides the solid grounding that is helpful as you begin exploring college majors and careers in finance and business-related disciplines.
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students interested in exploring a possible career in finance
You'll Walk Away With
- An introduction to the foundations of financial analysis and investment management
- A solid grounding that is helpful for pursuing an undergraduate academic path in a broad array of finance and business-related disciplines
- An NYU transcript showing grade(s) earned upon completion of the course (Please note: No college credit or certificate of completion is granted for this course.)
- Session 1 Jun 27 - Jul 01, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Session 3 Jul 18 - 22, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Session 4 Jul 25 - 29, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Career Edge Schedule
Application is now closed! We look forward to posting Summer 2023 information in early January 2023.
Application Requirements and Fees
For International Students
Resources and visa information for international students interested in studying abroad in NYC
Resources for students who have been admitted to the program