Every industry—healthcare, consumer goods, manufacturing, fashion, entertainment, nonprofit, and financial services—needs skilled marketing strategists to design campaigns that appeal to the minds that matter most: the customers. Campaigns must be innovative and timely yet enduring, and they must speak to the image that the brand endeavors to portray. In this course, you will discover how the practice of marketing actually works, independently and within an integrated communication plan. This course defines the parameters and possibilities within the field of integrated marketing through both tactical and strategic approaches. You will have the opportunity to analyze the many attributes of the integrated marketing field, including but not limited to, how it relates to relevant industry practices and how it continues to evolve and support the overall communication function. You also will acquire a deeper understanding of current trends, strategies, and career paths through classroom lectures, site visits, and experienced industry guest speakers. There will be an intensive analysis of integrated marketing practices as seen through an industry expert’s eyes. This course also will touch briefly upon the new role of interactive and digital marketing and the critical part they play in today’s business environment. With your classmates, you will produce innovative marketing plans that you can add to your portfolio, which will be helpful for the college application process. Whether you are considering a full-fledged career in marketing or preparing for a career in a related field, it is crucial to understand the powerful role that integrated marketing plays in building a brand. By the end of this course, you will have gained a working knowledge of integrated marketing and its role in creating a strong, innovative, enduring, and measurable communication strategy.
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students interested in exploring careers in marketing
You'll Walk Away With
- Innovative marketing plans that you create that you can add to your portfolio
- A working knowledge of integrated marketing and its role in creating a strong, innovative, enduring, and measurable communication strategy
- An NYU transcript showing grade(s) earned upon completion of the course (Please note: No college credit or certificate of completion is granted for this course.)
- Session 2 Jul 11 - 15, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Session 3 Jul 18 - 22, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Session 4 Jul 25 - 29, 2022 Mon - Fri 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Career Edge Schedule
Application is now closed! We look forward to posting Summer 2023 information in early January 2023.
Application Requirements and Fees
For International Students
Resources and visa information for international students interested in studying abroad in NYC
Resources for students who have been admitted to the program