Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies – International Students
Bienvenido, Bienvenue, Wilkommen, Huanyíng, Benvenuto!
Welcome to the NYU School of Professional Studies!
Our student body reflects the cultural diversity for which NYC and NYU are known. Every year, the NYU School of Professional Studies welcomes a diverse group of intellectually curious and highly motivated students from around the world, all of whom are at different stages of their academic journey and their professional career. From the recent graduate to the accomplished professional, NYU School of Professional Studies degrees provide students with theoretical and practical knowledge as well as the skills, the networking opportunities, and the academic support services that empower them to achieve their educational and professional goals and objectives.
Our admissions criteria is the same regardless of your citizenship. In addition to the admissions criteria, international students should also be aware of the following:
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school degree. This may be demonstrated on your educational transcripts or it may be accomplished by submitting your transcripts for an evaluation with an organization accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Financial aid is limited for international students. However, international students may apply for merit-based, departmental scholarships after enrolling at the NYU School of Professional Studies. Once you arrive at the School, we encourage you to explore these opportunities.
- All international applicants are required to participate in the Pearson Versant English Placement Test (VEPT), a 50-minute on-line test that evaluates English language proficieny. The Office of Admissions will evaluate your performance on the VEPT to determine your English proficiency. International applicants must have submitted an application in order to register for the VEPT. There is no fee for this test.
EducationUSA's Five Steps to US Study at the NYU School of Professional Studies
- Research your options—The NYU School of Professional Studies Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies offers bachelors and associates degree programs that integrate the liberal arts and professional studies.
- Complete your application—All students are required to complete the NYU School of Professional Studies online application for either the Associates Degree or the Bachelors Degree and submit supporting documentation.
- Finance your studies—While financial aid at the NYU School of Professional Studies is limited, we have compiled a list of organizations that provide information about financial aid for international students who wish to study in the U.S.
- Apply for your student visa—Complete the I-20 application through the NYU Office of Global Services and secure your student visa.
- Prepare for your departure—Once you have your I-20, you should secure housing prior to departure from your home country. International students may apply for on-campus housing through the NYU Student Housing. If you prefer to live off-campus, the NYU Student Resource Center can advise you about your search.
International Student Resources
ALI provides English language support and education, at all levels of proficiency, to help students become acclimated in their academic programs. Students may elect to participate in English-language instruction prior to applying to any of our degree-granting programs. Additionally, for students who have already applied to an undergraduate program, there exists the opportunity for conditional admission. Applicants whose TOEFL/IELTS score falls below the recommended minimum, but who meet all other admissions criteria, may be selected to undergo additional review of their English language skills through the ALI.
The International Student Support Center (ISSC) provides support to international students to help them succeed in their NYU School of Professional Studies classes and to adjust to life in New York City. A dedicated team of staff members offers students assistance in acquiring the linguistic, academic, and intercultural capability necessary to excel during their time at the School and beyond.
Once you have been accepted to a degree program, your next step is to complete the application to secure the I-20 required for your student visa. The Office of Global Services provides international students with the support and the advisory services in order to begin your studies at the NYU School of Professional Studies.
To obtain your I-20:
Questions about the process or next steps?
Ready To Proceed?