The NYU School of Professional Studies American Language Institute (ALI) provides a comprehensive program of English language instruction and evaluation. We foster an atmosphere where proactive learning precedes rote memorization. And, we believe that long-term retention depends as much upon what happens outside the classroom as in it. Our location in the heart of New York City provides incomparable access to the cultures of the world. We extend our classroom to the streets, giving you complete immersion in language and culture to help you learn how to express yourself with ease and accuracy.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals currently living outside the US who would like to come to New York to study English full-time.
- Working professionals residing in the New York metropolitan area who would like to polish their English skills in order to become more competent at work and in social situations.
- Tourists who wish to spend some of their time in the US practicing conversational English and exploring American culture.
- High school and college students who want to spend their summer or winter break in NYC and master their English language skills.
- Individuals currently studying full-time on an F-1 visa at another institution in the US who would like to transfer to the ALI.
- Corporate organizations interested in a customized program of English instruction for their employees.