Learn the who, what, where, why, and how of reporting for and writing journalistic feature stories. In this practical, hands-on workshop, learn the essential skills of print-based journalism by mastering techniques that are applicable to all journalistic forms, including newspaper, magazine, digital, and broadcast. In a collaborative environment, learn to identify story ideas, conduct research, and interview subjects. Hone your writing skills to craft clear, concise, and engaging stories and headlines. Discuss journalism ethics, including plagiarism and libel. Get experience having your work closely reviewed by a professional editor, and finish the class with a polished feature story you can be proud of.
- High school students in grades 9–12
- High school students interested in a career in journalism
You'll Walk Away With
- Mastery of skills and techniques that are applicable to all forms of journalism
- Experience working with a professional editor
Please complete the online application to enroll.
DateOct 13 - Dec 8
- Oct 13 - Dec 8
- 1:30PM - 5:00PM
- Washington Square
- No class on: Nov. 3-10, Nov. 24
October 5, 2018
October 13, 2018