This course provides an overview of the derivatives markets. The course covers the four basic types of derivatives: forward contracts, futures contracts, swaps, and options. Students learn the basic features of each type of derivative, as well as hedging strategies using these derivatives. The course also covers methods for pricing derivatives, including the Black-Scholes option pricing model. Basic option trading strategies also will be discussed.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the differences among the key properties of forwards, futures, swaps, and options
- The know-how to develop hedging strategies for controlling market risk using derivatives
- The ability to quantify the risk of an options position based on the “Greeks”
- Knowledge of how derivatives trading strategies can be used for hedging and speculation
- The skills to calculate the prices of different types of derivatives
- Investors and financial professionals
- Those interested in learning about derivatives markets
NO open sections available for this course at the moment. Please check back next semester.