Art and Archaeology of Ancient Greece
Register for this Fall 2022 course on the new NYU SPS Academy of Lifelong Learning website.
Join us on a whirlwind tour of ancient Greece. Spanning almost three thousand years, this course offers an overview of key moments in Greek art and culture. Beginning with the beguiling Minoans and ending with the dynamic Hellenistic kingdoms, we’ll explore everything from Bronze Age palaces to Archaic temples; from painting, sculpture, and metalwork to jewelry, furniture, and so much more. This course will provide a foundation in many important Greek archaeological sites, monuments, and artistic achievements. Further consideration will also be given to the history of archaeological discoveries in Greece. Questions? Contact us at The Center for Applied Liberal Arts (CALA). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-998-7289. Fall 2022 tuition is $369.
You'll Walk Away with
- Knowledge about key moments in Greek art and culture
- A familiarity with important examples of Greek architecture and artifacts
- Knowledge about significant archeological discoveries in Greece
- Art and history enthusiasts
- Prospective and practicing arts professionals