Post-Production Overview: Telling Stories with Sound or Visuals
Digital content is everywhere you look. No matter the medium, there is a post-production process that takes your idea from a bunch of raw footage or audio to a polished finalized project. Podcasts and/or short videos usually have a team of people behind them to see it come to life. In many independent projects, that may be one single person. In this overview, we will go over the post-production process so you can have a better understanding of how to take your project to the next level. We will discuss the different phases of post-production whether video or audio touching on things such as media formats, editorial systems, sound design, workflows, and deliverables. We will use an existing project to demonstrate the different phases, from the beginning of the post-production process to upload. We will discuss editorial feedback as a team, as well as how to set up your sessions for best work flow. Although we will use an existing session to demonstrate the process, students are encouraged to come with projects that are works in progress to help them workshop the next steps.
This course may be used to fulfill the requirements of the Certificate in Podcasting and Multimedia Storytelling, the Certificate in Storytelling: Narrative Tools and Applications or the Certificate in TV and Film Producing.
You'll Walk Away with
- A full understanding of the editorial process
- How to get from raw audio or video to upload
- An understanding of the tools used to achieve a finalized product
- Aspiring and practicing podcasters, multimedia creators, and TV and film producers interested in understanding media processes
- Students seeking to enhance their knowledge about post-production processes across various mediums
- Individuals who may need to operate as one-person teams for successful raw to finalized products
- Professionals across industries interested in obtaining new skills to enhance their roles