Data Communication Networks
Business productivity depends not only on computers, but also on complex networks of computers. This course, designed for nontechnical managers and those entering careers in network administration, teaches the essentials of data communication. Gain an understanding of how information is transmitted on local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networks, and the Internet. Learn about common network protocols; the seven-layer network model; network hardware, such as hubs, routers, and switches; network management; and network security and its maintenance.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of Internet protocols and their implementation
- The ability to generalize this knowledge to other networking protocols
- Competence as a network and systems programmer
- Individuals seeking an introduction to data communications and networking
- Those who want an understanding of the techniques used in data networks