Oracle Database 11g: Administer a Data Warehouse
Gain an understanding of the basic concepts of administering a data warehouse. Learn to use various Oracle Database features to improve performance and manageability in a data warehouse. Topics covered include implementing partitioning; using parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations; extracting, transforming, and loading data; creating materialized views to improve data warehouse performance; applying query rewrite to quickly answer business queries; and using SQL Access Advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrite. Also, become familiar with the benefits of partitioning and star schema design.
You'll Walk Away with
- The skills to implement partitioning
- The ability to use parallel operations to reduce response time
- Enhanced knowledge of extracting, transforming, and loading data
- Application developers and support engineers
- Database/data warehouse administrators and developers