Managing Data for Visualization
Explore the techniques and tools used to organize data into manageable and logical components for analysis and visualization. Gain an overview of the multiple ways in which data is managed, with particular focus on five topics: sourcing, comprehension, reshaping, reduction, and presentation. Receive an introduction to these various methods so you can pursue your own interests in creating data sets that are accurate, valid, and complete. Topics include Excel, delimited files, HTML tables, SQL, and specialized databases.
You'll Walk Away with
- A nontechnical introduction to database technologies and data management
- An understanding of the common stores of data, including Excel spreadsheets, delimited files, HTML tables, SQL tables, and JSON objects
- Techniques for importing, transforming, storing, and merging data
- Professionals who work with big data
- Those interested in creating data sets that are accurate, valid, and complete