The capacity to make clinical decisions in the face of growing volumes of complex, heterogeneous data will increasingly rely upon new analytical methods. This course aids the working professional in learning effective data analysis techniques that can be applied in the medical workplace. Gain the practical knowledge required to analyze data, develop connections among data, and explore opportunities for improvements. Statistical analyses and data mining techniques will be discussed, along with methods for deploying these techniques using R, the open-access analytical software. Upon successful completion of the course, you will have a better understanding of the nature of big data and the methods used for acquiring, analyzing, and ultimately discovering new information from it. This course is ideal for anyone interested in a deeper understanding of the emerging fields of personalized medicine, data science, and healthcare analytics, as well as their impact on healthcare.
You'll Walk Away with
- The framework necessary to implement an analytics strategy within a medical or health-related organization
- The skills to apply analytics tools and techniques to improve patient outcomes, reimbursement, safety, and operational effectiveness
- The ability to synthesize ethical, legal, and social considerations regarding the use of analytics in healthcare
- Anyone interested in a deeper understanding of the emerging fields of personalized medicine, data science, and healthcare analytics, as well as their impact on healthcare
- Working healthcare professionals who need to make clinical decisions in the face of growing volumes of data