Forces Shaping CRE: Technological Innovation and Disruption in Commercial Real Estate
Prior to COVID-19, commercial real estate (CRE) faced disruption from technology, including e-commerce and co-working, as well as the increasing use of data analytics to drive decision-making. These innovations have made real estate a distinct asset class (as opposed to cash, bonds, and equities). They also have impacted performance of each of CRE’s property types. This course is designed to address these disruptions directly by using economics, finance, and data.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the impact of e-commerce on industrial, multifamily, and retail real estate
- Knowledge of the impact of co-working on leasing and office real estate
- The ability to assess the impact of data analytics—big data in particular—on deploying capital and driving alpha in returns
- Working professionals with an interest in how technology is changing the landscape for commercial real estate
- Members of the CRE Finance Council