Audio Production and Sound Design
This course is for people who want to learn audio mixing basics and turn creative ideas into engaging audio content for podcasting, radio and tv. Over eight weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of audio production from recording interviews on an iPhone to mixing audio on a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). The course will cover production processes such as recording, editing and mixing audio as well as sound design. The course will also cover post production processes such as removing unwanted noise from audio and mastering audio for digital platforms.
This course may be used to fulfill the requirements of the Certificate in Podcasting and Multimedia Storytelling, the Certificate in Storytelling: Narrative Tools and Applications or the Certificate in TV and Film Producing.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding about recording interviews and the use of music and non-musical recordings, such as sound effects, to complement a narrative
- Practical knowledge about importing a recording into a DAW, basic editing, and building structural arrangements
- An introduction to post-production tools used to clean up and restore unwanted sound in recordings
- Basic audio mixing skills including compression, equalization, and publishing online.
- Aspiring and practicing podcasters and multimedia creators seeking to develop technical skills in audio production and sound design
- TV and film producers interested in learning about the technical aspects of audio production
- Professionals across industries interested in obtaining new skills to enhance their roles