Planning Successful Weddings
Weddings are deeply personal events. When emotions are running high, the bride and groom rely on the event planner not only to help make their dreams of that special day a reality, but also to provide guidance and support and to help make the tough decisions during what can be a stressful but exciting time.
In this intensive workshop, go beyond the fundamentals of event planning to examine what is unique about planning weddings. Topics include wedding cultures and traditions, wedding planning terminology, planning the perfect ceremony, attire, invitation etiquette, and wedding planning-specific software and technology. You will have the opportunity to meet several wedding vendors, such as an officiant and florist, who will join the discussion on Saturday as guest speakers. At the end of this workshop, you will have gained the knowledge to work confidently with your clients to execute the perfect wedding.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the role of the planner throughout the process and while on-site at the event
- The skills needed to work with vendors to cost-effectively execute the couple’s vision
- Knowledge of how to celebrate and honor all aspects of your clients’ diversity as part of ceremony and reception planning
- An understanding of proper etiquette and protocol
- Social event planners
- Event managers
- Event coordinators
- Anyone interested in learning about wedding planning