Startups and Innovation Lab
Develop the skills to identify the needs and to solve the problems that matter to startup companies. You will learn how to systematically analyze business problems that startups face and to deliver elegant solutions. This class will teach you the lean startup model, which is based on starting a business using an experimental business canvas instead of a traditional business plan. We will be going against conventional wisdom to deliver business solutions that matter. This class will use a mixture of exercises, cases, lectures, and discussions. You will walk away with a deeper understanding of the dynamics and barriers to starting a business. Regardless of the profession you embark on, you will become a more effective conduit for the innovation that all organizations require to survive.
You'll Walk Away with
- A passion for entrepreneurship based on the lean startup model
- An understanding of the concept of a minimum viable product (MVP)
- The knowledge to pursue hypotheses and ideas that are not fully flushed out at first
- High school students in grades 9–12
- Students interested in business