Digital Journalism and Videography
Journalists are no longer just writers. Working across digital media, journalists are now also digital photographers, videographers, bloggers, and social media community managers. Gain an introduction to video journalism and learn about exciting new ways for innovative reporting. In this hands-on workshop, acquire technical proficiency in taking photos and capturing and editing audio and video. Develop a foundation in the basics of producing and editing digital video, audio, and photos for use on online news sites, blogs, and social media platforms. Learn the fundamentals of researching, writing, and producing multimedia journalistic work, including news stories and human interest profiles, and using social media to build an audience. Work in small groups to produce a three- to five-minute video story with accompanying photographs and a social media distribution plan.
You'll Walk Away with
- The skills to use digital tools to research, write, and produce digital videos
- The fundamentals of researching, writing, and producing journalistic work
- The ability to use social media to research breaking news, gather sources, and gain readership
- High school students who have completed grades 9, 10, or 11
- High school students interested in a career in digital journalism