Public Policy Fundamentals
Examine the basic principles of government and political science, as well as the role of public policy, in shaping our work, culture, and society. Political discourse and debate touch our everyday lives, from social welfare programs and infrastructure to advanced R&D and international trade. Evaluate policymaking through contemporary political issues, including a review of local, national, and international case studies. Through practical exercises, develop fundamental skills such as cost-benefit evaluations and the ability to craft policy briefs and recommendation memos.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of the barriers and obstacles to implementing sound public policy at local, national, and international levels
- The skills to perform basic policy and political cost-benefit evaluations
- The ability to formulate and write policy briefs and recommendation memos
- Those seeking new career opportunities, or advancement, within the public and nonprofit sectors
- Those working in the private sector seeking a better understanding of the interplay between business and government