Social Media and Email Fundraising: Building and Deploying Campaigns Across Platforms
A rapidly changing post-pandemic world demands new approaches to engaging the public, rallying volunteers, and inspiring support. Learn how to use the latest digital tools to create a movement for causes by building authentic, powerful relationships and creating a sense of community (rather than simply asking for one-off donations and signatures). Explore social media, email and digital organizing tactics, crowdfunding, monthly giving, and emerging fundraising technologies. Use data to measure success, determine untapped marketplaces, and personalize “asks”. As a final assignment, create an actionable social media plan for an organization.
- The Online Giving Revolution: Using Digital Tools to Build a Movement for Your Cause
- Design It: Developing SMART Campaign Goals and Moving People to Action with a Compelling Story
- Build it: Choosing Your Tools and Crafting Your Content
- Email Marketing for Campaigns
- Social Media for Campaigns
This course is eligible towards the completion of the Certificate in Digital Fundraising . Bundle your coursework and earn a professional credential that communicates knowledge and skills gained. Declared Certificate students receive 10% off of courses within the program.
Note: Full participation in this course is applicable for 18 points in Category 1.B–Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
You'll Walk Away with
- An understanding of how to use social media, email, SMS, and other digital organizing tools to help you build a community that is ready to activate for your cause.
- Knowledge about how to leverage the latest digital fundraising tools to engage hearts and open wallets without treating your donors like an ATM.
- The ability to measure the success of your campaigns and use your data to create personalized ”asks” and uncover untapped markets.
- Experience developing a comprehensive social media strategy for an organization.
- Fundraising staff members
- Annual fund directors
- Database managers