ESL Listening and Speaking 3 - S
This course for English students at the low-intermediate-level helps them to continue to improve their English grammar, sentence structure, and vocabulary and to better express their ideas verbally. Students improve their English listening comprehension through guided practice using videos or online materials. Activities such as small-group discussions and role-playing provide a lot of opportunities to practice oral communication skills. Attention also is given to improving pronunciation. The complement to this course is ESL Reading and Writing 3 - S/SESL1-CE9013, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to take notes while listening to level-appropriate presentations in English
- The ability to summarize information from listening and to add new information
- The ability to converse in English about basic subjects while using comprehensible time references and transitions
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals