ESL Reading and Writing 9 - S
This course is for students with near-native fluency in English. Students learn how to write well-organized essays that defend a point of view. To strengthen their writing, they read and analyze essays by well-known writers. They learn how to choose the right word, organize their ideas for an American audience, and add depth and power to their sentences. By reviewing ways to write concise, cohesive, and well-balanced sentences and paragraphs, they learn how to write more effectively.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to analyze essays in English by well-known writers
- The ability to write in English more effectively using concise, cohesive, and well-balanced sentences and paragraphs
- The ability to organize your ideas for an American audience and add depth and power to your writing
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals