ESL Listening and Speaking 9
In this course, students with near-native fluency in English learn how to give well-organized presentations that defend a point of view. To strengthen their English speaking and listening skills, they listen to and analyze presentations by well-known speakers. Also, they learn how to participate in high-level discussions on societal problems. Students become familiar with different registers of language and American culture. Attention is given to expressing complex ideas clearly and concisely to an American audience.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to analyze presentations in English by well-known speakers
- The ability to give well-organized presentations in English that defend a point of view
- The ability to express complex ideas clearly and concisely in English
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals