ESL Essentials 2
This integrated-skills course for high-beginner-level students of English covers English listening, speaking, reading, and writing. They learn the essentials of English grammar and work on pronunciation. They also expand their vocabulary and become more comfortable communicating about a range of personal and familiar topics in English. The complement to this course is ESL Foundations 2/CESL1-CE9012, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to identify parts of speech, scan for specific information, and use context to guess the meaning of new words when reading in English
- The ability to write simple descriptions of objects, people, places, and events, as well as several sentences about personal experiences, in English
- The ability to initiate and respond in English to questions about personal information, including schedules, surroundings, and physical characteristics
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals