ESL Essentials 1
This integrated-skills course for beginner-level students of English covers listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English. Students learn the fundamentals of English grammar and work on pronunciation. The course focuses on vocabulary and expressions essential for everyday use. The complement to this course is ESL Foundations 1/CESL1-CE9011, which must be taken at the same time.
You'll Walk Away with
- The ability to identify the main idea of a short reading passage in English
- The skills in English to write simple descriptions of objects, people, and places and to ask for and give information on daily routines, transactions, and plans
- The ability to express likes and dislikes and to exchange basic personal information
- Nonnative speakers of English
- Students looking to advance their professional, academic, and personal goals